• 1996-2000. B. S. in Biology. School of Sciences. National University of Mexico (UNAM)
• 2000-2004. Ph.D. in Sciences (Biomedical sciences). Cell Physiology Institute. National University of Mexico (UNAM)
• 2001. Visiting Scientist. Biochemical Department. August Krogh Institute, University of Copenhaguen, Copenhaguen, Denmark.
• 2004-2009. Postdoctoral Fellow. Laboratory of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH.
Redox signaling, cell death and neurodegenerative diseases.
Redox Biochemistry BIOC 848
Signal transduction VBMS 964
• Molecular mechanisms involved in the regulation of cell death by redox signaling.
• Molecular mechanisms involved in the regulation of cellular transformation by redox signaling
• Cell death and Neurodegenerative diseases
• Environmental Toxicity and Oxidative stress
• Molecular Mechanisms of Cytotoxic Brain Edema.
Visit Dr. Franco's lab: http://francolab.unl.edu/Home